Okuma Cold Water CW-153D
– Lightweight corrosion resistant frame & sideplates
– Multi-disc, Carbonite drag system
– Aluminum handle arm with Ergo grip handle knobs
– 2BB + 1RB Stainless steel ball bearings
– Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing
– Oversized machine cut brass XL drive and pinion gears
– Self-lubricating gearing system, all models
– Speed Lock pinion gear system, all models
– Machined aluminum, two tone anodized spool
– Dual anti-reverse system. (Mechanical and roller bearing)
– Mechanical line counter function measures in feet
– CVT: Clear View Technology anti-fogging line counter
– Aluminum ratcheting drag star for precision drag settings
– Wide Mouth levelwind: Clearance for copper lines
– Automatic trip spool engaging mechanism
– MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for increased durability
– DLX represent left hand crank line counter models
Description of Okuma Cold Water CW-153D:
Okuma Cold Water line counter reels feature lightweight corrosion resistant frame & side plates, mechanical stabilization system let the reels stay in precise alignment, strong, stable and smooth. The magnetic control system is a fully-sealed, 100% waterproof cast control system that reduce backlash and improve casting distance.
Engage the reel in one direction for rock-solid hook sets.
Carbon Mechanical Stabilizing System
Patented esign stabilizes the spool shaft at 3 key stress points to eliminate flex under pressure – reel is more durable, strong and smoother than the competition.
Magnetic Control System
A fully-sealed, 100% waterproof cast control system that reduce backlash and improve casting distance.
Strike Zone Line counter System
Incorporate a mechanical counter that precisely measures line based on spool revolutions. The counters measure in feet.
Clear View Technology anti-fogging line counter.
Okuma's Strike Zone linecounter system incorporates a mechanical counter that precisely measures line based on spool revolutions. These counters measure in feet and are calibrated at the factory to be most accurate with a full spool and monofilament lines.
Strong, Stable, Smooth – Okuma’s Mechanical Stabilizing System is a support system that ties the spool shaft, pinion gear, pinion gear bearing, drive shaft and main gear together with a single support system. While other reels on the market offer minimal or no gear stabilization, this patented Okuma design allows all of these critical parts to stay in precise alignment. Designed specifically to hold up to the demands of braided and wire line fishing, the MSS support system stabilizes the spool shaft at 3 key stress points to eliminate flex under pressure – which directly translates into a reel that is more durable, stronger and smoother than the competition.