Okuma Coldwater High Speed Wire Line CW-303DS
– Designed with high speed gear ratios for increased line pickup
– 303/453DS models are high speed line counter reels
– 553LS is a large diameter high speed levelwind reel (no counter)
– Oversized brass XL gearing system
– Multi-disc Carbonite drag washers for maximum efficiency
– 2HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
– Dual anti-reverse system for maximum strength and reliability
– Quick-Set stainless steel anti-reverse roller bearing
– Machined aluminum, anodized spool
– Speed Lock pinion gear system for instant engagement
– Ergo grip handle knob for increased comfort
– Wide Mouth levelwind: Increased knots clearance
– Silent retrieve system for increased smoothness
– MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for precise alignment
– XL gearing: Drop down gear box for maximum gear sizing
– Self-lubricating gear system for maximum heat dissipation
Description of Okuma Coldwater High Speed Wire Line CW-303DS:
Okuma Coldwater Wire line star drag reels are designed with high speed gear ratios for increased line pickup, including linecounter and levelwind type. Feature mechanical stabilizing system for precise alignment, strong, stable and smooth.
Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
Bearings: 2BB + 1RB
Line Retrieve: 36.3″
Max Drag Pressure: 20-lbs
Monofilament line capacity diameter (in mm.): 510/15 (0.37), 420/20 (0.42), 310/25 (0.48)
With the growth of copper line and wire line fishing techniques within the Great Lakes salmon fisheries, anglers have been able to continue to catch fish even with ultra-clear water conditions. The issue has now become that landing fish at the end of many hundreds of feet of copper fishing line is not the best experience, especially with reels running standard gear ratios. Cold Water Wire Line reels add high-speed gear ratios and high-performance spool bearings to address the rigors of wire and copper fishing lines. These reels put the fun back in catching fish on wire and copper fishing lines.
Engage the reel in one direction for rock-solid hook sets.
Carbon Mechanical Stabilizing System
Patented Design stabilizes the spool shaft at 3 key stress points to eliminate flex under pressure – reel is more durable, strong and smoother than the competition.
Strong, Stable, Smooth – Okuma’s Mechanical Stabilizing System is a support system that ties the spool shaft, pinion gear, pinion gear bearing, drive shaft and main gear together with a single support system. While other reels on the market offer minimal or no gear stabilization, this patented Okuma design allows all of these critical parts to stay in precise alignment. Designed specifically to hold up to the demands of braided and wire line fishing, the MSS support system stabilizes the spool shaft at 3 key stress points to eliminate flex under pressure – which directly translates into a reel that is more durable, stronger and smoother than the competition.
The Ergo Grip handle knob is an extremely comfortable oversized handle-knob design for both speed and power. This soft-touch knob has been ergonomically designed to fit in the palm of your hand and will be found on certain Okuma lever drag reels, star drag reels and some spinning reel models.